About EN Rx
INNOVATIVE ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION SOLUTIONS
EN Rx was founded in 2001 and has established itself as a member of the engineering vendor community that offers innovative environmental remediation solutions. EN Rx is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with offices in Texas, Florida, Colorado and California.
Our environmental remediation strategies for assessment, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, with the Vertebrae™ Well Systems (VWS), are truly a “Next Generation” management solution. VWS (“Vertebrae) is part of a growing awareness of the benefits of using horizontal wells and is uniquely designed as a nested, segmented system with many advantages. Vertebrae is uniquely qualified on the assessment side to fill data gaps, often in conjunction with overcoming access issues, and can markedly transform Site Conceptual Models (CSMs) which in turn can define creative paths to site resolution. On the remediation side, we can use Vertebrae as a gas/liquid extraction operation and/or for delivering treatment reagents. VWS can compete very effectively with an array of vertical wells and generate a unique view of the site impacts in the horizontal plane, but that said we honor the value of vertical wells to guide the best positioning of the horizontal systems.
The EN Rx Support Platform (SP)™ facilitates assessment and remediation operations as desired. Used with Vertebrae, or other subsurface infrastructure, SP can manage extraction and/or injection operations with specialized technology that meters the operations in with an adjustable format that can be solar powered and controlled remotely.
A third component of our offerings is a unique in-situ chemical oxidation (ISCO) product called EN Rx Reagent™ and is a mixture of a proprietary inorganic reagent and commodity hydrogen peroxide with a cost advantage therein. While it seems counterintuitive, EN Rx Reagent is actually an ISCO solution that is simultaneously activated and stabilized such that it literally is a slow release hydroxyl radical generator with a longevity profile of several months. Further, the active ingredient suppresses the normally violent exotherm and keeps the solution in the range of 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit – yes Fahrenheit. Of course, one would not deploy it to the subsurface that way, but rather safely dilute it on the order of 10X before injection. The temperature control features as described is highly advantageous for this operation.
There are many special aspects with regard to our products and services. Here are some high points. Please contact us for details.
Please click on the links below for further information:
- We have a design model that calculates how many vertical wells can be replaced by a horizontal well system – complete with economics as presented in a Monte Carlo distribution format
- Creative strategies for how VWS can address and minimize risk.
- How “Electrohydrogeology”, practiced by Aestus (see Channel Partner Section), can be used to optimize well placement and verify the distribution of injectates while confirming the integrity of the well segment grout separations.
- Specialized applications of Vertebrae Well Systems (VWS) to address vapor intrusion (VI) issues with emphasis on access issues.
- Specialized applications of VWS to permeable reactive barrier installation (PRBs).
- Specialized applications of VWS to recirculation systems.
- Applications to flux metrics for better site assessment and evaluation of treatments.
- Availability of certified PFAS-Free well systems.
- Uses in preventative measures for leak detection at active storage and distribution operations.
- How VWS and its ability to do a “surgical strike” in sites with sequential chemical additions has sustainable remediation overtones – use less chemicals.
- In special cases how VWS can facilitate aspects of thermal treatment for vapor collection.
Note that EN Rx is not a driller and we use local talent to deploy our systems into a proper borehole.
ENVIRONMENTAL INNOVATION LIKE NO OTHER
Our expertise is in filling data gaps and delivering treatment reagents with nested, segmented well systems. We take site assessment and treatment to a new level by overcoming access issues, transforming Site Conceptual Models and facilitating paths to site resolution or closure.
EN Rx SUPPORT PLATFORM™
SP is a self-contained, solar-powered, remotely operating and communications-ready device that facilitates site assessment and remediation. It is programmable for pulling gas/water samples for analysis or, used in reverse can inject reagents to effect treatment.
EN Rx REAGENT™
A unique ISCO product that is a mixture of a proprietary inorganic reagent and hydrogen peroxide. EN Rx Reagent simultaneously activates the peroxide and stabilizes the exotherm– literally it is a unique, slow release free radical generator with a longevity several months.